EMA Legal provides advice in all areas of employment law, industrial relations and workers compensation. The firm acts exclusively for employers, in both the public and private sector, from a broad range of industries. We are leading employment lawyers who are respected nationally for our knowledge of employment law, practical problem solving skills and our commercial approach.
EMPLOYMENT LEGAL ADVICE
EMA Legal provides focused advice in all areas of employment and industrial law, including:
- Drafting of, and advice about employment contracts and termination
- Retrenchment, restructuring, redundancy and outsourcing advice
- Advice on employee entitlements, pay and conditions
- Assistance and advice concerning the termination of employment relationships, such as how to manage a termination, avoid an unfair dismissal claim, general protections claim or an associated claim under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), or claims or breach of contract.
- Advice concerning discrimination, sexual harassment including using the general protections regime under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Assistance in investigations and prosecutions by the Fair Work Ombudsman
- How to avoid industrial disputes and create effective relationships with employees and unions, and strategically management of enterprise agreements
- Assistance in negotiating agreements, good faith bargaining, gaining approval of agreements, and the interpretation and application of agreements, awards and other industrial instruments
- Advice and assistance in all employment matters arising under state legislation, especially local government.
- Advice in relation to workplace restructuring and transfer of businesses, including employment issues that arise as part of the sale of a business
- Post employment restraint disputes and the protection of intellectual property and confidential information
- Advice concerning workplace defamation and all other civil claims that arise from employment
- Independent contractor advice, accessorial liability and the drafting of agreements
- Assisting with the development and implementation of workplace policies and procedures, and directors and officers due diligence frameworks
- Return to work (workers compensation) disputes and claims management advice
- Regulatory advice
- Prosecutions and investigations by statutory authorities: Safe Work SA and the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Key contacts: Kaye Smith